Welcome to the "Vacuum and Low Pressure" website
We offer the following main products and services relating to vacuum technology
that are used in science and industry in North America:
- Mist and Odor elements (UK made) for Edwards model EMF20, EMF10 and
EMF3 Exhaust Mist Filters at the lowest prices ("Odour" in the UK)
- Mist elements (UK made) for Edwards MF30, MF100 and MF300 Mist Filters
- EMF20R reconditioned oil mist filters with new elements and seals
- EMF10 and EMF3 oil mist filters, reconditioned with new elements
and seals (when available, please ask)
- EMF20, EMF10 and EMF3 "new in box, old stock" oil mist filters (when available)
- BSPP threaded adaptors and plugs, with seals that Edwards use on their UK
made products that are hard to find in the USA (at lower prices than from
- Solberg mist filters, selected sizes
- Mist filter elements for Welch, Solberg and Balston exhaust filters
- Selected used vacuum pumps, new & used accessories and new components
as available. (specializing in Edwards Vacuum accessories and parts)
- Spares kits for Edwards obsolete models: SC, ES, ED and EDM vacuum pumps
- Vacuum Pump rebuild training for Edwards RV and EM oil sealed vacuum pumps,
Includes information on special tools for the RV and EM pumps
- Vacuum System and vacuum equipment consulting services
- Global distributor of "Modern Vacuum Practice" textbook, 3rd edition,
written and published by Nigel Harris in the UK, and stocked in the USA
Visit the pages of our website, see above left, for more details
Contact us for more information, or a quotation.
Tring Enterprises LLC
Howard has spent over 35 years in the vacuum pump industry in several countries.
Completed a 5 year engineering apprenticeship with Edwards High Vacuum International Ltd.
Completed a one year City and Guilds Workshop Technology Course
Earned the Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Mechanical Engineering
Spent two years in the Field Service Department at Edwards
Worked in Factory Facilities dept. for switchgear company
Gained sales and applications experience in Air compressors, Liquid pumps, Power transmission
products (clutches and brakes) and Hydraulic seals.
Howard returned to work for Edwards as a sales engineer.
Due to customer requests, technical training was offered using UK based trainers and Howard
prepared the practical equipment for them to use. He then took over the technical training role as he
gained experience in this field.
Howard then moved to Massachusetts to take on the role of Technical Training Manager for North
America with BOC Edwards (now Edwards Vacuum).
When Stokes Vacuum became an Edwards company the Stokes "Vacuum School" Service training was
updated and new technical training developed for the Stokes products.
In addition to training in North America he also delivered training courses to semiconductor engineers
in Thailand and Ireland.
When BOC was purchased by Linde in 2007, the Edwards business was divested and became a
private company. In preparation for this buyout Edwards closed the technical training department.
As a result Howard started Vacuum and Low Pressure Consulting to offer his training skills and
experience in the vacuum industry to companies that are new to the technology, or whose employees
can benefit from a better understanding of vacuum processes. At this time only training on rebuilding
Edwards RV rotary vane pumps is offered, and advice is available for the EM rotary vane pumps..
Tring Enterprises LLC main business is the supply of new original UK made replacement filter
elements for the Edwards EMF and MF lines of vacuum pump mist filters. These consumable parts are
offered at about half the price of Edwards prices, and have proven extremely popular at Universities,
Scientific Labs and Industrial vacuum pump users to help them reduce their costs.
The company also stocks many small fittings and adaptors, some with BSPP threads, that are used on
Edwards products and are hard to source in NA.
EMF and MF filters are also offered as reconditioned filters at reasonable prices.
Let us know how Vacuum and Low Pressure Consulting can help you.
"Good Parts & Advice at a Fair Price"
Vacuum and Low Pressure Consulting
A division of TRING ENTERPRISES LLC
Telephone: Office 610-792-3505 Cell: 484-366-2621
Contact us at:
Vacuum and Low Pressure Consulting
A division of Tring Enterprises LLC
Last update: 11 July 2019